So today was my best day on a bike in about a month. I was pedaling and I just kept pedaling and I had power. My legs were responsive and I was able to push them and I got my heart rate up to 190 beats per minute, and let me tell you, suffering never felt so good. I loved just flying through the country side watching rock fence after rock fence blur by. It was also a great day for a ride, I wish I would have brought my camera, I ride by some really nice New English style houses that look perfect nestled in the woods during sunset.
Now that I have my legs back and two weeks to go I feel like I can really get some good biking in and come back home stronger than ever. Although I am thrilled to get back home, I want to savor my last two weeks here, and now that I have legs I have a feeling that I am going to really enjoy it!
Monday, July 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
YAY! I'm so happy :-) It's about gosh darn time for you to be feeling better!
Don't go too hard too fast. You don't want to be overtrained again.
That's a great attitude to have! Can't wait for your return, but enjoy the time you have left out there. (And, just be careful on those roads/trails.)
XOXOXOXO
Great news Mike! Maybe you will be able to keep up when you get home.
Cant wait to see you,
Love Dad
Hello Michael,
We appolize for draging our feet and taking so long to answer but it seems that things have been very hectic, we have enjoyed your blog again this summer and have read every entry with great interest. It seems like your summer has also been up and down. We are so excited that you are coming back home next week and we look forward to visiting with you and hearing all about your great adventure. Keep those legs in shape, your going to need them when you get to Mass.
LOVE grandpa and grandma
Thanks for the comments everybody, and Grandma and Grandpa that comment about needing legs in Mass. is great, I got a big smile! Love you.
Post a Comment