There is this river along on of my favorite bike routes, and everytime I pass it I always thinking about going swimming, well I finally did! It was pretty fun, Adam and I rode bikes out to it and then we went swimming for a little while, then we came back to our place. You can see it in the picture below.
Also, as the summer winds down the other interns are constantly bugging me about going out to dinner, because I generally want to go ride my bike. So we made a plan to check out this mexican restaurant, which is right down the street and comes highly recommended. I got the "super buttiro." Well it was not very super, it was $15.00 and it was not nearly as good as many $5.00 burritos I have had. Below is a picture of all of us, we are all interns except, Gerome in the red who is a young full timer.

Finally this weekend I headed down to New Cannon Connecticut to hang out with my old roomate Pete. The original plan was to go out Friday night, then ride Saturday down there, and then Sunday head up to Mass. for a mountain bike race. So Friday night Pete, my self, and two other friends of Pete headed out to Southern Norfolk, or SoNo, to the locals. The first bar we found was full of old people, like my parents age (haha) so we got out of there. Then we went over to this more low key bar, which had some younger people but mostly still older people. We stayed here for a few minutes then we finally headed over to the dancing bar.
A little background here, when Pete and I get together we dance like no bodies watching, and ushually there are plenty of people watching! So long story short I found out a lot about bars that night, Pete and I are dancing away having a great time, just being ourselves, and gradually a crowd forms around us. We look at this crowd as they are looking at us a little funny, prabley cause we are busting sweet moves, but more likely they are wondering what the heck we are doing. All of these people are wearing fancy club shirts, holding their beers all sophisticated like, trying to look really cool, and they are looking at us like we are weird. Pete and I are wearing tshirts dancing not caring what people think, so I guess we didn't really impress anybody, but who cares we had a great time. If you are not being yourself, who are you really kidding?
So Pete and I danced so well that he actually hurt his ankel, so Saturday was low key and we just hung around until we came back to Storrs.
Sunday was the mountian bike race. It was in Western Mass. in a beautiful area, and the race was really long. The pro/semi-pro class had to do 30 miles, which took me 3 hours. I had a good result and got sixth place, so it went pretty well. My favorite part of the race was this one point where you came out of the woods, and all you could see were these mountain like hills in the background, it was really really awesome. Seeing a view that you worked hard to earn is always rewarding!
4 comments:
Did you go to a Mojito dancing bar?
We all know the Mojito dance, at least those of us who watched the Tour! You had to get the hip action down with that dance.
I'm picturing the guys from "night at the Roxbury" (a SNL skit - I might be showing my age!) Good for you, you shouldn't care what anybody else thinks!
Love, Aunt Mary
Haha, I can picture you and Pete dancing- oh dear... I'm glad you had a good time though! And great job at the race :-)
Post a Comment