Today at work was a very eye opening day. Today we had a large R&D meeting were many people were honored for their long commitment to the company. Awards were given out for people who had worked at Rogers for 10, 15, 20, and 30 years this month or so. They got recognized and some choose to say a few things. Of the people who talked I know the guy who had been there for 15 years. He is a really fun guy, he helps me make all of my experimental stuff on the pilot line. He had a graph of the stock since he got there, showing how much it had gone up, saying that maybe he was the lucky charm. He also mentioned the summer interns and how he is glad to be able to hassle us in the summers.
The guy that had been there for 3o years was only 48, and had worked there straight. He has really only worked for one boss, a boss that has very recently become sick and must retire. The guy talked about how every day he was happy to wake up and come to work, and how much all the people mean to him. He then moved on to talk about how much his boss means to him, and that the boss has been there for him and others, and how now it is our turn to be there for the boss. A very nice thing to say, and a very emotional moment.
This was all very interesting to me. Hearing every one of the people who made speeches say how that every day they are glad to come to work, and how great the people are at Rogers. I feel the same way, although I have only been there for two summers. I hope that throughout my life I can have what they have, to wake up and happily go into work (who knows maybe it will be at Rogers too!.)
Thursday, June 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Mike, There is a saying that if you really enjoy what you do then you dont have to go to "work".
Mike, There is a saying that if you really enjoy what you do then you dont have to go to "work".
Mike,
That really says a lot for the company. I can't see that happening where I work right now. Enjoy it while you can!
Aunt Mary
Post a Comment