Monday, June 23, 2008

The story of my sluggish limbs

This weekend I was going to do three races, this quickly turned into only one race. Two races were on Saturday and one on Sunday, all of which were Vermont. I woke up Saturday morning and didn't feel well, so I decided to skip the first two. My legs also felt tired, another situation that caused me to take the race off.
I woke up Sunday and felt better, so I decided to head up to the race. On the drive up my stomach and head started aching, not a great sign before a race. Long story short, during warmup I felt all right and my legs felt just ok. During the race I just didn't quite have it, I was climbing like a cow and just could not get my legs into it. I ended up finishing 11th out of 17, but to put it in perspective the winner was only 6 minutes ahead of me, and the guy who got second is the 19 and under national champion and spent the last month racing in Europe.
This marks two races where I just could not climb and my legs just did not feel very lively. On the bright side I am riding faster than ever, I just can't figure out what the deal is with my legs feeling sluggish and tired. I have one more month till nationals, and I hope that the legs come around in this time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Testing Mike - - - My legs feel slughish, so I am nor very optomistic ,but as with you , I'll try.

Anonymous said...

Eureka ! ! ! ! The floodgates are open.
Grandpa